Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ice Curling!

Had I asked my son to help me remove ice off the deck he would have, but with a bit of grumbling.

Tell him that I made up a new game called "ice curling" --- well, he couldn't put on his snow pants fast enough! To get started, I asked him the rules for curling and thanks to the Wii he could explain in full detail how the game is played. The main difference in our game was that the object was to get the ice blocks to slide off the deck. After the 2nd or 3rd attempt we found that if he pushed the block and I was the sweeper we could get them off the deck quite quickly.

Once we were well into the game my son had an 'aha' moment. "You know mom, this isn't like curling. This is more like hockey! And we should have kept score because Montreal is REALLY beating Boston!"

No comments:

Post a Comment